- No products in the basket.
Steel-tec Plant Room Doors
MDM Security Doors range of Plant Room Doors is specifically designed for remote sites where ventilation is usually required and vandalism anticipated. Applications include replacement of wooden doors on electricity substations, bin stores and other storage facilities.
Plant Room Door Information
- Zintec Steel door and frame – for durability and strength
- Choice of door and frame thicknesses and louvre configurations to suit
different security and ventilation requirements
- Heavy duty stainless steel ‘lift-off’ hinges for improved access
(minimum of 3 per leaf)
- Integrated 17.5mm diameter dog bolts for extra rigidity on hinge
side (minimum of 2 per leaf)
- Integral anti-jemmy strip – protects the locking mechanism from attack
with crowbars and other levers
- Tear drop weather seals on 3 sides to prevent weather ingress
- Wide choice of hardware options and extras
- Ready primed as standard with anti-vandal paint option
- Door Leaf 1.2mm
- Door Frame 1.6mm
- Cill standard profile.
- Door leaf double pan construction welded and riveted with composite Dufaylite honeycomb infill.
- Doors available in single, double, bifold and trifold leaf configurations.
- Frame depth – 90mm
- Leaf thickness – 45mm
- Maximum Structural Opening Size – 2800mm wide x 2950mm high
Benefits when choosing a Plant Room Door
Both the frame and door leaves are constructed without welding to maintain anti-corrosive properties. With the frame and door made from Zintec steel with stainless steel hinges and hardwearing polyester powder paint finish the door is less prone to rust providing an all-round durable solution. MDM recommends outward opening doors for greater security.
A more cost effective and more durable alternative to wooden doors, which are commonly used on plant and substations.
The door leaf is constructed with an integral anti-jemmy strip and with high security solid steel dog bolts provide protection for the locking system deterring unauthorised access. Locking bars are optional for added protection to external locking.
Lightweight construction and lift off hinges provide for easier installation (manufactured to comply with lifting regulations).
Easy access for large machinery
The option of a removable top transom panel provide greater access for plant machinery. Class 1 doors are available in extra wide bi-folding and tri-folding configurations.
Reinforced frame profile
Frames are secured to the wall structure through pre-punched fixing holes which are concealed from view.
Advantages of ventilated (louvred) door leaves
Ventilation can be provided by punched louvres on the outer skin of the door leaf and slots on the inner skin (60mm wide which protrude 5mm). Leaves can be half or fully louvred.
Small louvred slots on the front and slots on the back of the door prevent the entry of small animals.
EXAMPLES OF OUR Plant Room DOORS
REQUEST A NO OBLIGATION QUOTE TODAY:
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY:
First Class Service
E Boswell, Cirencester
High Quality Service & Door
Mark Wells, Heritage Property Care Ltd, Middlesex
A Pacey, Nuthall, Nottingham
Very Good Service
Nottingham High School
Great Security Door
Carole & Hamish, Banks of Orkney
Brilliant Customer Service
C Myers, PPI Ltd, Warwickshire
High Quality Fire Door
Friargate Surgery, Derby
Great UK Company
R Bowler, David Bowler & Sons Ltd, Southampton
K Johnson, Bedworth Builders
High Quality Security Door
P Ashcroft, Warren Oak Scout Campsite, Malvern
Happy To Use Again
Safe & Secure Insurance Services, Borrowash, Derbyshire
Efficient, Friendly Service
Retails Assist Ltd, Bingham, Nottingham
S Wilson, Alderwasley, Derbyshire